Monday, September 22, 2008

Our Weekend Camping at Mcgruder!


This weekend after our soccer pictures and Game, we headed to Camp Magruder just north of Garibaldi, Oregon. About a 2 1/2 hour drive from our house. Our Church goes every year its called Family camp. We stay in Cabins. Women in one and Men in another. SO I am stuck with the all our girls no matter what. Jason had to work Sunday morning so he stayed home and was just me and the 3 girls. Emma Got car sick on the way over, good thing I had a plastic bag! We arrived just in time for lunch! I was starving and so were the girls. We drove in and ran over to the Mess hall to meet everyone from our church Already eating! We made it in time! the food was not the best The meat loaf I was not sure what was in it but the salad was yummy! After that we went to our cabin to unpack our things. Then we headed to the Donkeys for our RIDE!




After Donkeys it was time to head over to the Dock to ride on the row boats. My prego butt was not going to fit a life jacket and I was not about to row a boat! SO I found a Teenager Jacki, to get to take the girls out in a Row boat. I think they were little scared but they went for little bit! about 10 min! lol
Ok that was fun! Afterwards we went to cabin to hang out. Then we all decided to go to the Beach they youth was going to play Football and kids playing in the sand and mommys watching! Well some of them played football too! I was content on watching kids play! Was Fun Emma didn't stay long she hates to get her hands dirty so she stayed for about 15 min then went back with Jenny the pastors wife. The other girls had a blast! the older girls and Will built a castle and a wall to try to stop the Water from coming! It was entertaining to watch! Enjoy the pictures!

After the beach we headed to Dinner at mess hall . After that we headed to Cabin to rest before deciding to play capture the flag. Well I was a cheerleader. The Girls wanted to play so they were picked on a team. Emma and Tru on one team and Madison and Hanna on another. Most of the youth played as well as adults. Was the funnest thing to watch Tru the youngest walk right over to the other teams side and release her team from the Jail. If you know how to play the game you know what I mean. They didn't notice Madison or Hanna half the time too! I thinks everyone thought they would not really play. but they did! WAs great to watch. After it was too dark to play we had camp fire and sang songs and had smores! Was a great time! We walked back to cabin for bed afterwards. Here are some pictures from morning after! Enjoy!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had alot of fun!! I couldn't handle the separate cabins though!! Just doesn't seem fair for the mommies!! lol!

rachel.pentecost said...

i miss family camp! looks like everyone had tons of fun!

The Sorensons said...

Sounds like lots of fun :)
I will kepp you posted about the old ticker and I've gotten to Salem in roughly 2 1/2 hours but usually it's a little longer. I'll be in town sometime in October so I'll give a shout out for you maybe we can do lunch or something! Hey nice picture of you me and Kat!