Well this weekend we went on our first camping trip of the summer! It was full of adventure! I got off work had the car loaded, picked up the Kids and headed to Ambers and Ty’s house. To meet them since they were going with us. We were on our way to Green Peter Lake! Jason had to work till 8pm then was meeting us up there! So we arrived about 8pm and set up camp.
I Prego set up 2 tents by myself! (Pretty proud) Had our hot dogs over the fire and got the kids to sleep. About 11pm Jason called to say he was going to be there soon! I was like good we are exhausted! SO around midnight Jason was not there and we received a call again. Jason said the boat Trailer got a flat and he didn’t have a spare tire. So we decided he would leave it till morning and it was going to be fine, in Sweet home what could happen?? I told him to take out the Key and battery just in case. Then Ty's chair got attacked by a bear!
So early Saturday morning (6am) Jason got up and headed to get the boat and put new tire on. When he arrived the boat was GONE!!! Nothing remained but a Jack from a car and the cover that they store the jack in.
So again Jason calls and said the boat is gone! I was like stop joking and hurry up so we can get on the water! He was not joking!! Jason called Sweet home police who told him to call Oregon State hwy patrol. So he did. They told him there was a report about it around 2:30 am but ODOT was not going to make it till 8am. Jason said “well I am here and it’s gone” she said well you will have to file missing report, but had to call back because deputy was not on shift to take report! ??? Are you freaking kidding me? So Jason came back to camp. We were all kinds of upset the kids had new fishing poles in the boat they bought the day before with Jason. All of our wood was in there and life jackets, cooler, tackle boxes ECT. I being emotional pregnant lady was balling! Jason was all kinds of pissed off! So we called in to file the report then decided we needed to find something to do to pass time since we could not go boating.
So we went on a hike 1 mile to be exact! Was fun but all of us were out of shape! When we returned to our wonderful campsite we had a call from Oregon state police that said “This is Deputy Kelly we have found your boat, I citizen picked it up and towed it to his house so it would not get stolen”. Are you kidding me that am called stealing!! So Jason called them back and got the guys number and address, called him then Jason and Ty Took what weapon we had Ty’s ax just in case and headed to this mans house. They received so story that didn’t make sense. So five miles away from where our boat was this house that was kind of scary but Jason and Ty tell it much better. So the man towed it on the rim after he tipped the boat to its side and messed up the side. The rim could not be drove on. So Jason and Ty drove it away from this guy’s house as far as they could on the rim. Then parked it and drove to Les swab to buy new rim and tire. The day was gone so no boating today!!
Sunday we packed up everything Amber, Ty and Jack were ready to go home so they left. We took the boat out for little while to make sure it worked and the kids could go fishing! We parked it on the shore and ate lunch and kids played with Lucy (dog).
It was short and sweet because I had to be home by certain time to get to my Photo job I got taking pictures for company Picnic. Was an Exhausting weekend but a memorial one!!






3 comments:
OMG! What a crazy weekend!
How did the photo job go?
~ Jamie Boros
That is the craziest story. I'm glad it ended happy, sortof. I'm going camping at green peter this weekend. I'm way excited.
dude, that's not a " i wanted to keep it so it wouldnt get stolen" , that's an idiot, who TRIED to steal your boat and then his plan went hay wire so he came up with some LAME excuse why he had it. .what a freakin LOSER! i'm happy you at least have your boat in your posession now. the guy that took it, er i mean, stole it is lucky YOU didnt come to pick it up from his house.. ha hah
Post a Comment